"COLOR FILM PROCESSING MADE EASY"
The °Cs "Temperature Control System" TCS-1000 immersion circulator/thermostat is is the simplest solution for precision film processing at home. Whether you are developing black and white, color negative, or slide film, this system allows you to efficiently and easily mix concentrates and powder chemicals, heat it up to the precise processing temperature, and maintain it during the entire developing session.
Universal design holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (Collapsible Accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference, at the desired temperature.
Intuitive interface preset to standard C-41 processing, and easily adjustable temperature and timers for any process.
Easily mixes and heats chemistry in a 1000ml. pitcher in seconds, without splatter, spill or additional oxidation. Reheat chemistry preserved in the fridge for longer shelf life.
- Intuitive ready-to-use interface does not require additional timers, downloading phone apps, nor connecting to bluetooth/wifi
- Display and firmware preprogrammed to process film with an adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, B&W, etc.) in Min : Sec
- Simple toggling between °C/°F readouts
- Universal bottle holder holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (collapsible accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference
- PTC heating element, brushless DC motor and moulded polymer impeller
- Stainless steel housing
- Ground protection and temp/water level/overheat protection sensor
Mixing & Heating Chemistry:
Place the TCS-1000 in the °Cs 1000ml Mixing Jug with the marked volume of water and add each bottle of concentrate or bag of powdered chemistry to the solution. The chemistry is easily mixed and heated to the correct processing temperature in a few seconds without splatter, spill or additional oxidation. Jugs of heated chemistry are then ready for immediate processing.
Temperature Control Bath:
For long developing sessions and the most precise results, the TCS-1000 can be used as a temperature control bath. The included universal bottle holder attachment holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (°Cs Collapsible Air Reduction, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub or basin of your preference and prevents them from tipping over. Submerging the bottles at the desired temperature throughout the developing process is by far the most precise way of developing color negative and slide film.
Advantages over Kitchen Appliances:
Inspired by affordable kitchen appliances, cooking thermostats and even a foot-spa, which were themselves inspired by costly laboratory tools for scientific thermoregulation, we have now come full circle. An affordable immersion circulator thermostat for home laboratory use.
- User-adjustable precise temperature control, accurate from 0°C to 95°C (+/-0.1°C), compared to cooking appliances which are only accurate between 45°C to 99°C (film processing ranges between 18°C - 40°C)
- Positive thermal coefficient (PTC) heating element heats/cools quickly and is more stable and durable than standard metal heating tubes, which run too hot and rust.
- Display and firmware designed for processing film, starts up ready to process color film with adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, Df96 monobath, etc.) in Min : Sec
High efficiency DC brushless motor offers fast speed, low noise, does not give off heat when processing film at lower temperatures, and has a life cycle over 4,000 working hours, 20-30% longer than most kitchen appliances. Combined with moulded impeller has a max circulation capacity of up to 20L.
Our PTC heating elements can be accurately set at much lower surface temperatures, not hot enough to cause combustion, scorching or curdling. Standard metal heating coils glow red hot, and since we aren't trying to cook chemistry or film the inherent physical properties of PTC technology, combined with a high efficiency motor and moulded impeller are far superior for our applications.
Positive thermal coefficient technology brings together the function of a heating element, thermostat, and control device in a single component, enabling precise temperature specifications. PTC material is the safest most environmentally friendly and energy efficient elements currently available. It lowers maintenance with no fuses to change, and self regulates as ambient conditions change, making them energy efficient.
Because of their relatively large surface area, which eliminates the need for high volume heat transfers, PTC elements consequently saves energy while providing precision heating adjustment without any RFI or Inductive Radiation. In contrast, metal heating elements have a small surface area. Large volumes of heat must be emitted from the filament causing substantial energy loss, and metal coils produce Inductive Radiation.