Compact, lightweight 35mm film scanning system
Attaches directly to a macro lens using tube segments
No copy stand required
Built-in light source has adjustable brightness and color temperature
Easy to use!
“Valoi” is a Finnish word meaning light and creation — a nod to the creativity of analog photography. The Scandinavian roots of VALOI are visible in the minimalist and functional design.
The VALOI easy35 is an innovative, compact, and self-contained 35mm film scanning system that features a built-in light source and attaches directly to a macro lens, delivering professional quality scans in a system the size of a water bottle, while requiring no copy stand or separate light source. It is modular, compatible with most cameras, and above all, easy to use!
- VALOI easy35 body with built in light source
- VALOI easy35 Standard 35mm Holder
- VALOI easy35 Distance Tubes: 1x10mm, 1x20mm, 5x40mm (230mm total)
- VALOI filter thread adapters: 39mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 67mm (filter thread adapters are not needed for lenses with a 62mm filter thread size, as this is the native thread size of the easy35)
- Does not include digital camera or macro lens, which are required to scan film
Light Source System
Unlike cheaper film scanning solutions, the easy35 is based around a powerful and high-quality light source.
- Powerful light output, with shutter speeds typically between 1/40s-1/200s
- 95 CRI rating for great color reproduction
- Bi-colour LED adjustable to different colour temperatures
- Plexiglas© secondary diffuser specifically designed for LED diffusion guaranteed for 30 years against yellowing
- 2-3 hour battery life
- USB-C charging; chargeable while on for long scanning sessions
- Replaceable light source unit for a long life time
- Internal reflector for an even light in a small footprint
Suitable for scanning 35mm film right out of the box. The Standard 35mm Holder can be replaced with the VALOI easy35 35mm Sprocket Holder, which shows the sprockets of the film. In the future, film holders for smaller sizes like APS, 110, and 126 will be available.
Most interchangeable-lens digital cameras make for excellent scanning cameras. You will need a macro lens capable of focusing to 1:1 magnification to scan 35mm film. Most of those lenses available will be compatible. We generally do not recommend using lenses shorter or longer than the following focal lengths:
- Full frame: Shorter than 55mm, Longer than 105mm
- APS-C: Shorter than 40mm - Longer than 70mm
- M4/3: Shorter than 40mm - Longer than 60mm
Longer focal lenses can work, but we cannot guarantee there are enough included tubes to use the combination. Shorter focal length lenses can cause vignetting.
In addition to alternative and interchangeable film format holders (APS, 110, 126, etc.), the VALOI easy35 Duster attaches conveniently to the side of the easy35 body using two thumb screws. The double anti-static brush opening helps remove dust before the film enters the holder, without scratching the film.