JOBO MONO Film Processing Kit
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
Welcome to the magical world of traditional black and white film photography. We're here to help you learn how to process it all by yourself, so that you can create beautiful negatives that are ready to be scanned or printed. With this kit, processing black and white film at home has never been easier.
Grab your MONO box and some exposed rolls, and let's get started!
Developing B+W film with the Df96 Monobath
Step 1: Load your film in the developing tank
- Film must be loaded in complete darkness. If you don't have a space that can be blacked out, consider purchasing a film changing bag.
Step 2: Process your film with the Monobath solution
- Select your developing time and agitation frequency from one of the three available combinations. See more information on temperature/time/agitation combinations here.
- Pour the chemistry into the tank carefully, but as quickly as possible.
- Agitate according to the combination you selected. As you continue to re-use the Df96 Monobath solution, you'll have to increase the processing time. See more details on chemical re-use here.
- At the end of the the processing time pour the solution back into the bottle. No need to rush as the Monobath is self terminating and additional processing time will only ensure that the film is fully fixed.
Step 3: Wash your film & hang it to dry
- Place the developing tank under running water and wash for at least 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can also fill the tank with water and do 5 inversion cycles, empty and refill the tank with fresh water, and then repeat for 7 times total.
- Securely hang the film to dry in a dust-free area (e.g. bathroom/shower). It’s good practice to weigh down the bottom of the film strip with a clothespin to prevent the film from curling as it dries.
- After processing your film, sometimes you may see water spots or residue on your negatives. They are THE WORST. In this video, we share shares how to prevent water spots and how to clean them if they do appear.
Preview, scan, and share your images!
- Once fully dry, use the CineStill Df96 negative conversion filter on Instagram to preview your images and share them with others. Make sure to tag us (@cinestillfilm) and use the hashtag #cinestilljobokit
Download TCS Complete PDF Instructions
Download Df96 18oz. PDF Instructions
Download Df96 1000ml. PDF Instructions
Download Df96 Liquid Safety Data Sheet
Processing 16+ Different B&W Films With Just One Chemical! Df96
No Compromises - Df96 compared with popular traditional developers