LAB-BOX is here! We are shipping to the backers of the successful Kickstarter campaign first. After the backers have been duly rewarded for their support, we will then begin distributing orders to dealers and customers for the highly anticipated official LAB-BOX retail release date of August 1st. Inventory is limited and will be allocated on a 1st-come 1st-serve basis, so get your order in now!
LAB-BOX is a multi-format tank that allows to develop film from start to end, in full day light, bypassing the need to load the rolls in the dark.
Thanks to the two interchangeable modules and its multi-format reel, the tank can be used for both 135mm and 120mm.
- Universal and Modular: with one tank it is possible to develop both 135 and 120 film rolls, simply by switching the loading module.
- Compact and Portable: its compact size allows for easy carrying, in a bag or a backpack.
- Quick and Easy: film rolls can be loaded and developed in daylight, through an intuitive and simple process.
- Versatile and Professional: it is perfectly suitable for beginners, but will also meet the needs of more experienced photographers, offering the possibility to experiment with different developing processes.
- The 135 Module has a film slot where the 35mm cartridge is positioned and blocked.
The film is then clipped and the lid is closed in order to rotate the outer knob and loading the film onto the reel. Once fully loaded, an internal blade will cut the film, separating it from the cartridge.
- The 120 Module is equipped with two compartments: the roll is positioned in the top one and the film will be automatically loaded in the bottom one. Once the lid is closed, pulling out the black backing paper, through the split on the back, will automatically load the film in the second, lightproof compartment. Having completed this operation, the lid can be opened in order to clip the film and then closed again in order to rotate the outer knob and loading the film onto the reel.
You can choose if using continuous or intermittent agitation.
With LAB-BOX it is possible to choose to partially or fully submerge the reel in liquid, to experiment with different kinds of agitation.
Once the chemicals are inside the tank, it is possible to agitate them as required by rotating the outer knob which will turn the reel, allowing the correct movement of liquids, for a uniform development.
Project by ars-imago, design by VIVO Design Studio, in Rome, Italy.
Following a careful test-and-review process, we have been able to optimize the final size of the tank and simplify its construction, in order to deliver an object that is both sturdy and easy to use. Our specialized team created detailed technical drawings, transforming them into 3D models and making use of all the latest digital manufacturing technologies.
For more information visit www.lab-box.it