Quarterly print journal with exclusive content about the entire world of film-based photography and cinematography
Each issue has 100 pages in book-quality print
Featuring a balanced selection of articles on all aspects of analog photography
A truly global selection of inspiring portfolios
Combining many decades of work in photographic publications and the photographic industry, SilvergrainClassics is connected with an experienced network to provide you with information, highlight photographic work and the latest news in analog photography. Their vision is to provide photographers around the world with inspiration, information, and a sense of community through a high-quality, quarterly printed analog photography magazine.
Ludwig Hagelstein contributes to a hot topic with an in-depth analysis of film prices, and comes to some interesting conclusions. Portfolios from Beth Moon, Zoe Wiseman, and cover artist Norbert Rosing inspire us to protect the beauties of our world and evaluate our place in it. A pair of articles provide inspiration for new projects for the New Year: large format photography and 16mm motion picture making. If your resolutions for 2022 include reducing your environmental impact, we have an article with practical tips about how to do that in your film photography. And our gearheads will enjoy articles about Minox, and the Fuji Wide 60.
- Artists Norbert Rosing & Beth Moon show us the beauty of our world from the Arctic to Madagascar
- An in-depth, fact-based look at today’s film prices in perspective
- Practical tips for reducing your film photography’s environmental impact
- Two articles on Minox: its fascinating history, and an amusing gear-in-a-story article from Marwan El Mozayen
- Two articles to get you started with new gear in the new year: Large Format and 16mm Motion Picture
- Plus international portfolios, a book review, the Fuji Wide 60, Bruce Barnbaum’s book plans, and Paul McKay of Analogue Wonderland