For color-timing chrome, reversal, and E-6 compatible film. “DaylightChrome” neutral-tone 5500K 1st Developer renders approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic-range* with brighter whites and moderately enhanced color saturation, just like conventional E-6 processing. 1000ml stock solution makes 2000ml of single-use working solution (1+1 dilution) to develop up to 16 rolls or 100ft of Slide Film.
Intended to be used with the Cr6 "Color&Reversal" 2-in-1 Slide Solution and the Bf6 "Bleaches&Fixer" 3-in-1 Slide Solution. Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Kits also available here
The Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Process makes complicated chemistry simplified alchemy! The number of processing baths for E6 film is reduced from 6 to 3. The reversal step occurs during color development in a Color&Reversal bath, and the bleach and conditioner steps are combined with the fixing step in a Bleaches&Fixer bath. Color-timing is performed with alternative 1st Developers to achieve full creative control of your slides.
Photos by Stephen Schaub on Kodak E100 developed in D6 1st developer
- Daylight-balanced 5500K for neutral-tone slides in daylight or with electronic flash
- 1000ml stock solution makes 2000ml of working solution (diluted 1+1 with water)
- Single-use solution has a capacity of up to 16 rolls (135/120), 32-64 sheets (4x5), or 100 feet (35mm) of film
- Approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic-range*, just like conventional E-6 processing
- Vibrant color rendering
- Low D-min for brighter whites and clean highlights
- Push process using dilutions and development times with variable temperatures
- Image archivability for at least 80 years
- Easily mixed liquid concentrate
MIXING STOCK SOLUTION:
- Place 16oz (470ml) of water into a clean glass or plastic pitcher.
- Use a clean plastic stir stick or the TCS-1000 to circulate the liquid.
- While circulating, add the contents of this bottle.
- Top off solution with water to make 1000ml. Mix well.
Store mixed solution in a tightly capped, completely filled storage container for 2-6 weeks. Yellows with age and turns amber when perished. Oxygen and contaminants cause developing agents to perish.
Normal Development: 1+1 Dilution ~ 6min @104°f (40°C)
Push +1: Stock Solution ~ 6min or 1+1 Dilution ~ 8min
Push +2: Stock Solution ~ 8min
Maintaining temperature is not essential beyond pouring in the 1st developer. When a temperature control bath is not available, simply preheat the 1st Developer +2ºF warmer, and the other baths will automatically process-to-completion as they cool down. Only the 1st developer is time and temperature critical because it controls contrast and color.
* ”Usable dynamic-range” is the amount of full stops of exposure value that renders acceptable detail and color. “Total dynamic-range” however, is the maximum range containing tonal separation rendering any detail, and is often twice the usable dynamic-range. The usable dynamic-range of conventional slide film is between 6-8 stops (total 14-16 stops). Color negative is between 9-13 stops (total 16-21 stops). Digital sensors are mostly between 7-10 stops (total 12-15 stops).
No Compromises - Cs6 3-Bath Process vs. E6 6-Bath Processing...
Download Cs6 Quart Kit Complete PDF Instructions *Updated 5-22-20
Download Cs6 Complete Safety Data Sheet
Photochemical Waste Management