50Daylight Fine Grain (ISO 50) Color Film, 35mm 135/36exp.
36 exp. 135 rolls. ISO 50/18° speed daylight balanced (5500K) motion picture emulsion. Original fresh stock from Kodak 50D, prepped and rolled for clean safe C-41 standard development as an ISO 50 film. Boasted to be the world’s finest grain film! May also be processed in motion picture ECN-2 chemistry.
Our proprietary "Premoval" process makes motion picture film safe to process in standard C-41 photo lab chemicals or at home. This emulsion is optimized for a hybrid workflow, ideal for scanning, and when processed in C-41 chemistry it can be optically printed on RA-4 paper.
- Color Balanced Daylight (5500K) color negative motion picture film stock for use as still photography film
- ISO 50/18° in C-41 or ECN-2 Process
- Factory spooled into NEW high quality Dx-Coded Cartridges
- Remjet backing free, resulting in a unique halation effect
- Unrivaled highlight and shadow latitude
- Dynamic accurate color rendition
- High resolution with maximum sharpness
- Enhanced Scanning Performance
- Great for portraits and landscapes
- Recommended to process C-41 or you can process in ECN-2 chemistry by hand without worrying about rem-jet
Expiration: Unexposed CineStill film should be stored in the fridge and shot within 6 months of purchase to achieve optimal results. Exposed film should be processed promptly in C-41 chemicals to preserve latent image latitude and color fidelity. All current productions of CineStill have expiration dates for one year from manufacture date on the packaging. If your film does not have an expiration date it is from early production and is likely age fogged.
Note: This emulsion was designed to be processed in ECN-2 Chemicals and may still be processed in it's native chemistry, resulting in a pulled negative with lower gamma. Test results show consistent in standard C-41 machine processing when compared with ECN-2 motion picture lab processing performed by professional labs. Long term archival stability has not been tested past 4 years. Expectations for archival longevity should be somewhere between Kodachrome and most C-41 films but there are no guarantees. We will replace any roll that shows any defect. We do not accept any liability beyond replacement of original film purchased.
Products & Services are provided “as is” with no liability, to the extent as permitted by law; e.g. under no circumstances will CineStill Film or it's creators be liable for loss and damages, neither direct nor indirect, consequential loss or damages, business interruption. Without limiting the foregoing, the creators of CineStill Film´s liability arising with respect to an order will not exceed the total fees paid or payable related to a specific order.